- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg; beat well. Combine the flour, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in pecans. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into small bars while warm; roll in confectioners' sugar. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chewy Cinnamon Bars in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p31
Reviews for Chewy Cinnamon Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2013
My granddaughter, who loves cinnamon, made these with a little help from me. We all agreed they are rich and delicious.