Chewy Chocolaty Cookies Recipe
"No one can eat just one" sure applies to this chewy, chocolaty cookie. It's an all-time favorite with family, friends and 4-H members.
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- 2. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until edges are set. Cool on pans for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 133 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC