Chewy Chocolaty Cookies
"No one can eat just one" sure applies to this chewy, chocolaty cookie. It's an all-time favorite with family, friends and 4-H members.
49 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to
- creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop
- by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-9 minutes or until edges are set. Cool on pans
- for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 133 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.