Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
This soft and chewy low-carb cookie recipe, developed by our Test Kitchen, calls for canola oil instead of butter to reduce the saturated fat. It's hard to eat just one!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:48 servings
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the peanut butter, oil and sugars until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to peanut butter mixture just until blended (dough will be sticky). Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a glass.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set and tops are cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
One cookie equals 86 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC