This soft and chewy low-carb cookie recipe, developed by our Test Kitchen, calls for canola oil instead of butter to reduce the saturated fat. It's hard to eat just one!
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the peanut butter, oil and sugars until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to peanut butter mixture just until blended (dough will be sticky). Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a glass.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set and tops are cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p9
Reviews for Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review