- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the peanut butter, oil and sugars until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to peanut butter mixture just until blended (dough will be sticky). Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a glass.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set and tops are cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
"Great taste. Easy recipe"
"These cookies taste absolutely delicious! My kids absolutely loved them. My only complaint is that they're a bit crumbly. They definitely have no chewy factor. Maybe this is because I used all natural peanut butter? Regardless, they taste great, even if the texture isn't really my thing."
"The chunky peanut butter is the best! The little peanuts and big peanut butter flavor really shine through in this cookie. GREAT recipe!"
"Yummy!!! Would n ot believe these are lower in fat and calories. Going in my cookie keeper box."
"Ahhhhh, finally, cookies I can make and enjoy myself. Noticed this recipe is **diabetic friendly** (well suited for this gal). Thank You for sharing,TOH!!"
"Very good recipe... excellent."
"Just made these with my boys and they are wonderful. Crunchy on the outside & moist in the middle. I just can't bring myself to make a cookie recipe that call for 3/4 cups of butter. Another great thing about this recipe is that its easily made vegan. I substituted the eggs for two flax seed eggs, with great results. I heat my flax and water for 40 seconds or so in the microwave to get the consistency of eggs before adding to cookies. Worked like a charm;)"
"it has a mild peanut butter taste which for me is great! an low carb, although you would never know . I have made these a few times an my hubby really likes them thanks for sharing"
"Very easy to make and were delish!"