Chewy Chocolate Logs Recipe
When I made these for our church Christmas bazaar, folks would snap them up within minutes. They're nice and soft like chocolate caramels but not sticky.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1. In a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butter. Transfer to a bowl; add corn syrup, vanilla, 2 cups confectioners' sugar and milk powder. Mix well.
- 2. Place remaining sugar on a clean surface; place dough on the surface and knead sugar into the dough until all of it is absorbed. Shape teaspoonfuls into 2-in. logs; wrap in waxed paper and twist ends. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: about 6 dozen.
2 each: 71 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Chewy Chocolate Logs
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC