- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butter. Transfer to a bowl; add corn syrup, vanilla, 2 cups confectioners' sugar and milk powder. Mix well.
- Place remaining sugar on a clean surface; place dough on the surface and knead sugar into the dough until all of it is absorbed. Shape teaspoonfuls into 2-in. logs; wrap in waxed paper and twist ends. Refrigerate until firm. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Chewy Chocolate Logs in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p38
Reviews for Chewy Chocolate Logs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review