Chewy Chocolate Cookies
This cookie recipe—a favorite of our four children—has been in my collection for years. Sometimes I'll substitute mint-flavored chips for the semisweet chocolate ones. Either way, the cookies disappear quickly.
54 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar
- until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl,
- whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed
- mixture. Stir in chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10
- minutes (do not overbake). Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove to wire
- racks to cool. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 238 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 182 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.