Chewy Chocolate Cookies
This cookie recipea favorite of our four childrenhas been in my collection for years. Sometimes I'll substitute mint-flavored chips for the semisweet chocolate ones. Either way, the cookies disappear quickly.
27 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in
- chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool for 1 minute
- before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 238 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 182 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.