Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Crunchy nuts added to the chewy texture of these cookies make a nice combination. They won't last long in your cookie jar!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Sift together flour, cocoa and baking soda; add to creamed mixture along with oats, stirring until well blended. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Cool 3 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 115 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC