Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Sift together flour, cocoa and baking soda; add to creamed mixture along with oats, stirring until well blended. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Cool 3 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 115 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
"I just made these and they are very good. I really like them because they are not overly sweet. The nuts and oatmeal make for a good crunch in this cookie. Will be making again."