Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Crunchy nuts added to the chewy texture of these cookies make a nice combination. They won't last long in your cookie jar!
36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg and vanilla. Sift together flour, cocoa and baking soda; add
- to creamed mixture along with oats, stirring until well blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto
- greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Cool 3
- minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 115 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.