- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Sift together flour, cocoa and baking soda; add to creamed mixture along with oats, stirring until well blended. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Cool 3 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p32
Reviews for Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2013
"I just made these and they are very good. I really like them because they are not overly sweet. The nuts and oatmeal make for a good crunch in this cookie. Will be making again."