Chewy Chocolate-Cherry Bars Recipe
Colorful dried cherries and pistachios star in this take on seven-layer bars. To switch it up even more, try cinnamon or chocolate graham cracker crumbs instead of plain and substitute pecans or walnuts for the pistachios. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups dried cherries
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients until blended; carefully spread over crust.
- 2. Bake 25-28 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 bar equals 164 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC