Chewy Chocolate Brownies Recipe
Cap off lunch with this sweet treat from Michele Doucette of Stephenville, Newfoundland. These chewy and fudgey brownies are so yummy, it's hard to believe they're just 124 calories each!
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the brown sugar, applesauce, egg, egg white, oil, corn syrup and vanilla. Beat in chocolate until blended. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; beat into brown sugar mixture just until blended.
- 2. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 brownie equals 124 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Chewy Chocolate Brownies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC