Cap off lunch with this sweet treat from Michele Doucette of Stephenville, Newfoundland. These chewy and fudgey brownies are so yummy, it's hard to believe they're just 124 calories each!
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the brown sugar, applesauce, egg, egg white, oil, corn syrup and vanilla. Beat in chocolate until blended. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; beat into brown sugar mixture just until blended.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chewy Chocolate Brownies in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p46
Reviews for Chewy Chocolate Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review