Chewy Chip Bars Recipe
"These sweet granola bars are chock-full of butterscotch and chocolate chips," reports Eileen Sears of Eagle, Wisconsin. "The bars freeze well, so they make a quick snack or dessert that's easily portable and handy."
- 4-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in chips.
- 2. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes; cut into bars. Cool completely in the pan. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 160 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Chewy Chip Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC