- 4-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in chips.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes; cut into bars. Cool completely in the pan. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chewy Chip Bars
"I think maybe melting the butter would work better with these bars. With the butter just softened, I found that they did not hold together well enough and fell apart as soon as I cut them. I think I'll stick with another granola bar recipe I have in my files."
"my children love these bars and they do freeze well. They are always baked and sent with them to university."