"These sweet granola bars are chock-full of butterscotch and chocolate chips," reports Eileen Sears of Eagle, Wisconsin. "The bars freeze well, so they make a quick snack or dessert that's easily portable and handy."
- 4-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in chips.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes; cut into bars. Cool completely in the pan. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chewy Chip Bars in Taste of Home February/March 1999, p54
Reviews for Chewy Chip Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review