Chewy Brownie Cookies
Biting into these chocolaty cookies reveals they're like chewy brownies inside. —Jonie Adams, Albion, Michigan
18 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, water and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt
- and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and beat just
- until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts if desired.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes; do not overbake. Cool 2 minutes
- before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cookies equals 276 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.