- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apples
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and apples.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Chewy Apple Oatmeal Cookies
"I enjoyed the different taste with the dried apples but I think the next time I bake these I will also add the raisins along with the dried apples for a little more flavor."
"I enjoyed the different take on oatmeal cookies with the dried apple but I think the next time I bake these I will also add the raisins maybe along with the dried apples."
"Pretty darn good. Chewy and soft. I used fresh apples instead of dry and they were delicious. Not sure they'll be as good tomorrow, but they were sure good straight from the oven!"
"if i wanted to use fresh apples, would i use the same amount?"
"The cookie was the softest and chewiest I have ever made. My family loved the apple, but I am a chocoholic, so I made the recipe again but with chocolate chunks and pecans. It was equally amazing."