- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apples
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and apples.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Chewy Apple Oatmeal Cookies
Sort By :
"I enjoyed the different taste with the dried apples but I think the next time I bake these I will also add the raisins along with the dried apples for a little more flavor."
"I enjoyed the different take on oatmeal cookies with the dried apple but I think the next time I bake these I will also add the raisins maybe along with the dried apples."
"Pretty darn good. Chewy and soft. I used fresh apples instead of dry and they were delicious. Not sure they'll be as good tomorrow, but they were sure good straight from the oven!"
"These cookies are so good and chewy and amazing! And easy! Check out my full review: http://heatskitchen.blogspot.com/2013/08/chewy-apple-oatmeal-cookies.html"
"if i wanted to use fresh apples, would i use the same amount?"