Chewy Apple Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
My family has always loved oatmeal raisin cookies, but I wanted to try something new with the classic recipe. We enjoy apples, and I thought the dried fruit would make a good cookie. —Jan Marshall, Fenton, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:48 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apples
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in oats and apples.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 93 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC