Chewy Almond Cookies Recipe
These old-fashioned cookies are often requested by my children and grandchildren.—Betty Speth, Vincennes, Indiana
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until crumbly. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and cinnamon; gradually add to the butter mixture and mix well. Shape into two 6-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Unwrap; cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with almonds.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2-3 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 80 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC