- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large skillet, saute onions and chestnuts in oil and 2 teaspoons
- butter for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown; remove from the
- heat. Stir in the Cognac, sugar and thyme; set aside.
- Flatten turkey and duck to 1/4-in. thickness; spread two tablespoons
- onion mixture over each turkey and duck breast. Place duck on
- turkey; place two chicken tenders along one end of each duck breast.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; secure with
- In a shallow bowl, place remaining melted butter. Combine bread
- crumbs and almonds in a separate shallow bowl. Dip bundle in melted
- butter, then coat with crumb mixture. Place seam side down in a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 170°. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk the sugar, cornstarch, salt,
- cloves and orange juice until smooth. Add cranberries. Cook and stir
- over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until thickened. Remove from
- the heat; add the lemon juice, mint, butter and peels.
- To serve, discard toothpicks; cut each bundle into six slices. Place
- three slices on each serving plate; drizzle with 1/4 cup sauce.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.