I enjoyed this stuffing when I spent my first Thanksgiving with my husband, Mike. It's a family recipe his mother has been making for years. Italian seasoning and chestnuts add flavor and texture. —Sharon Brunner, Mohnton, Pennsylvania
Featured In: Vegetarian Thanksgiving
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups butter, cubed
- 3 cups chestnuts, shelled and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 10 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick), cubed
- In a large skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Add chestnuts and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add bread cubes and stir to coat.
- Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Yield: 18 servings (1/2 cup each).
Originally published as Chestnut Dressing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p116
Reviews for Chestnut Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review