Chesapeake Snack Mix Recipe
Plain pretzels pale in comparison to this jazzy concoction that microwaves in moments. Pack a pouch to go for an easy at-work or on-the-road snack. —JoAnne Geiger, Baltimore
- 2-1/2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 cups cheddar-flavored snack crackers
- 1 cup miniature pretzels
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. In a 3-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereals, crackers and pretzels. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Stir in the vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, seafood seasoning, celery seed and mustard. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Cook, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes, stirring once. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 quarts.
3/4 cup equals 157 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 371 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC