Plain pretzels pale in comparison to this jazzy concoction that microwaves in moments. Pack a pouch to go for an easy at-work or on-the-road snack. —JoAnne Geiger, Baltimore
- 2-1/2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 cups cheddar-flavored snack crackers
- 1 cup miniature pretzels
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a 3-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereals, crackers and pretzels. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Stir in the vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, seafood seasoning, celery seed and mustard. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Cook, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes, stirring once. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 quarts.
Originally published as Chesapeake Snack Mix in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011, p33
Reviews for Chesapeake Snack Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review