Chesapeake Crab Dip
Our school is a Maryland Green School, and many our students work to improve the health of our local treasure, The Chesapeake Bay. This recipe reminds me of the importance of a healthy Bay. Crab stars in this rich, creamy dip.Carol Brzezinski, Marriottsville, Maryland
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice,
- mustard, seafood seasoning and garlic salt. Fold in crab. Transfer
- to a greased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
- Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm with
- crackers. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 3 tablespoons dip (calculated without the crackers) equals 166 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 307 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.