Cherry Yogurt Recipe
- 4 cups (32 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 cup frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed and quartered
- 1/2 cup cherry juice
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter and place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover yogurt with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Remove yogurt from cheesecloth and discard liquid from bowl. Place yogurt in a small bowl; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 3 cups.
1/2 cup equals 147 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 reduced-fat milk, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Cherry Yogurt
"I would not make this recipe for me, but my family loves it, so I would definitely make it for them. I do not like yogurt, but they do. It's a keeper, for them, not me."