Serve wholesome granola over this thick, rich yogurt for a quick breakfast. Or layer it in a parfait glass with granola and fruit for something special. It will keep in the refrigerator for the week. Look for 100% cherry juice at the store, since the cocktail blends have added sugar. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups (32 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 cup frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed and quartered
- 1/2 cup cherry juice
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter and place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover yogurt with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove yogurt from cheesecloth and discard liquid from bowl. Place yogurt in a small bowl; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Cherry Yogurt in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009, p48
Reviews for Cherry Yogurt
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2010
"I would not make this recipe for me, but my family loves it, so I would definitely make it for them. I do not like yogurt, but they do. It's a keeper, for them, not me."