In Charlotte, North Carolina, Katie Sloan adds some canned pie filling to her special smoothie. "This is a favorite of mine," she remarks. "I think the cherries and banana are an awesome combination."
Recommended: 37 Easy Breakfast Ideas with 5 Ingredients or Less
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) cherry yogurt
- 1/2 cup cherry pie filling
- 1 medium ripe banana, cut into chunks
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups ice cubes
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process until blended. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Yogurt Smoothies in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p33