- 1 package red velvet cake mix (regular size)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 36 maraschino cherries, halved
- 3/4 cup canned cream cheese frosting
- 2/3 cup whipped topping
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil and extract; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Top each with a cherry half. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, beat frosting and whipped topping until blended; fold in chopped cherries. Spread filling on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry Whoopie Pies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p155
Reviews for Cherry Whoopie Pies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review