Fudge lovers will rave about this confection from the country cooks in our Test Kitchen. The rich squares are loaded with dried cherries, chopped walnuts and a hint of almond.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Recommended: 34 Easy Cake Decorating Ideas
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups (12 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 cups dried cherries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil; butter the foil with 1 tablespoon butter and set aside. Place the chocolate chips and marshmallow creme in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring the sugar, milk and remaining butter to a boil over medium heat, stirring often. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Slowly pour over chocolate mixture; stir until smooth. Stir in the walnuts, cherries and extracts.
- Pour into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature until cool. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 pounds.
Originally published as Cherry Walnut Fudge in Country Woman Christmas 2010 , p71
Reviews for Cherry Walnut Fudge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review