Cherry Walnut Balls Recipe
This old-fashioned holiday candy brightens up cookie plates and has become one of my signature confections, requested by family and friends. I made this up by combining two recipes. -Suzanne McKinley, Lyons, Georgia
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 18 candied cherries
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes, stirring every 8 minutes. Remove from the oven; stir well. Cool.
- 2. Shape about 1 tablespoon of walnut mixture around each cherry, forming a ball. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 166 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Cherry Walnut Balls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC