- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 18 candied cherries
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes, stirring every 8 minutes. Remove from the oven; stir well. Cool.
- Shape about 1 tablespoon of walnut mixture around each cherry, forming a ball. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry Walnut Balls in Reminisce November/December 2003, p50
Reviews for Cherry Walnut Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review