Field editor Marie Hattrup combines apples with cherries and cranberries to give a new twist to the classic Waldorf salad.
- 2 large apples (about 1 pound), chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add the celery, cherries, cranberries and almonds.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, honey and salt until well blended. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Waldorf Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2003, p9
Reviews for Cherry Waldorf Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review