"Mini muffins are great for packing into lunch boxes, having on hand for after-school snacks and eating on the road," says Nancy Zimmerman of Cape May Court House, New Jersey. "These sweet and colorful muffins are easy to prepare, so they're ideal for busy days."
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, beat the egg, yogurt, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cherries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cherry Vanilla Mini Muffins in Country Woman November/December 2001, p19
Reviews for Cherry Vanilla Mini Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2010
"These were just ok for us. They were good if you bit directly into a cherry but other than that we found them to be really bland. Sorry."