Cherry Vanilla Cake Pops
Pop goes the party! No worries on who's cutting the cake; just serve and pop.
48 ServingsPrep: 1-1/2 hours + chilling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup cream cheese frosting
- 2 to 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 48 maraschino cherries, stems removed, drained
- 48 lollipop sticks
- 2-1/2 pounds white candy coating, chopped
- Red pearl sugar
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and maraschino cherry
- juice; mix well. Shape mixture by tablespoonfuls around cherries.
- Place on baking sheets; insert sticks. Freeze for at least 2 hours
- or refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until cake balls are firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip each cake
- ball in coating; allow excess to drip off. Sprinkle with red pearl
- sugar. Insert cake pops into a styrofoam block to let stand until
- set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.