- salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well
- after each addition. Spread over cherry mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting
- onto a serving plate.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually add reserved cherry juice mixture. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in food coloring if
- desired. Serve with warm cake. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 258 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.