- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add enough water to shape dough into a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to fit a 12-in. pizza pan. Flute edges; prick bottom and sides with a fork. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned; remove from the oven. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth; spread over crust. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine pie filling and almond extract; spoon over the cream cheese layer. Spread whipped topping over filling. Chill until ready to serve. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Torte in Country Extra March 1996, p49
Reviews for Cherry Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2009
"It was okay"