Looking for an entree that’s simple enough to fix on busy weeknights, but special enough to serve company? This scrumptious recipe from Tabetha Moore of New Braunfels, Texas fits the bill. "It goes together in just minutes and uses only four ingredients. We enjoy it at least once every week," she says.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large skillet, cook
- chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or
- until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine preserves and
- allspice. Heat in the microwave until warmed. Serve with chicken.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons preserves equals 252 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.