Cherry Tomato Salad
This recipe evolved from a need to use the bumper crops of delicious cherry tomatoes we grow. It's become a summer favorite, especially at cookouts.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating
- 1 quart cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Lettuce leaves
- Place tomatoes in a shallow bowl, In a jar with a tight-fitting lid,
- combine the oil, vinegar, parsley, basil, oregano, salt and sugar;
- shake well.
- Pour over tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve on a bed
- of lettuce. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 78 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.