Cherry Tomato Salad
This recipe evolved from a need to use the bumper crops of delicious cherry tomatoes we grow. It's become a summer favorite, especially at cookouts.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating
- 1 quart cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- Place tomatoes in a shallow bowl. In a small bowl, whisk oil,
- vinegar, salt and sugar until blended; stir in herbs. Pour over
- tomatoes; gently toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 103 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.