Brighten a picnic lunch or backyard barbecue with this cheerful, fresh-tasting salad. If you use want to use sweet corn off the cob, saute the corn for 5 minutes in a skillet before adding to the salad. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the basil, oil, lime juice, sugar, salt and pepper; shake well.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes and cucumber. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Tomato Corn Salad in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p283
Reviews for Cherry Tomato Corn Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2015
"Used fresh corn and dried basil- perfect summer side dish!"
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2011
"My family and friends loved this recipe. It is so refreshing and a snap to make."
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2010
"Nice refreshing salad for the summer. Use fresh corn for better flavor!"