- cherries, reserving 1 cup juice. Set cherries aside. Stir reserved
- juice into sugar mixture until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in
- cherries, butter, almond extract and food coloring if desired. Cool
- to room temperature. Spoon about 1/4 cup filling into each tart
- shell. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 331 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.