Cherry Syrup Recipe
My mom and grandma have been making this fruity syrup to serve with fluffy waffles and pancakes ever since I was a little girl. Now I make it for my sons, who love it as much as me!—Sandra Harrington, Nipomo, California
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1. Bring cherries and water to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- 2. Add sugar and butter; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in extract and cinnamon.
- 3. Cool leftovers; transfer to airtight containers. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Yield: 3 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 100 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Cherry Syrup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC