Cherry Syrup Recipe
My mom and grandma have been making this fruity syrup to serve with fluffy waffles and pancakes ever since I was a little girl. Now I make it for my sons, who love it as much as me!Sandra Harrington, Nipomo, California
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Bring cherries and water to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Add sugar and butter; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in extract and cinnamon.
- Cool leftovers; transfer to airtight containers. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Cherry Syrup in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p134
Reviews for Cherry Syrup(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review