Cherry Surprise Cookies
Gloria tucks a rich chocolate surprise into each of these cute bites. Candied cherries add a colorful finishing touch.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups Basic Cookie Dough
- 36 to 40 chocolate stars or chocolate kisses
- 36 to 40 candied cherry halves
- Drop cookie dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased
- baking sheets. Top each with a chocolate star and wrap dough around
- it. Top each with a candied cherry half. Bake at 375° for
- 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire
- racks to cool. Yield: 36-40 cookies.