- 2 cups Basic Cookie Dough
- 36 to 40 chocolate stars or chocolate kisses
- 36 to 40 candied cherry halves
- Drop cookie dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Top each with a chocolate star and wrap dough around it. Top each with a candied cherry half. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 36-40 cookies.
Reviews for Cherry Surprise Cookies(7)
Sort By :
This one of several recipes relying upon 'Basic Cookie Dough Base'. #1) Cherry Surprise Cookies; #2) Chocolate Mallow Cookies; #3) Jelly Sandwich Cookies; #4) Sugar Cookies; #5) Crumb-Topped Date Bars; #6) Basic Cookie Dough; #7) Raisin Filling. A plate with most of these cookies is at the bottom of the Cookie Dough Recipe!
I used Hershey's Kisses and half the basic cookie dough and still tgis yielded only 28 cookies. They are very good though so I will be making more next week for the family.
II WOULD LOVE TO MAKE THIS RECIPE.
Link to the original dough used for this.
The dough doesn't like to stick to the chocolates, so you have to work it around them, but they are good! I used the Hershey's meltaways and right out of the oven, they were really gooey!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Easy Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- German Desserts >