Cherry Supreme Dessert
Marshmallows and a tart cherry topping lend flavor and eye appeal to this popular dessert. Better yet, it’s easy enough for kids to make!
—Sherri Keim, Grand Junction, Colorado
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a small bowl, combine the cereal, walnuts, brown sugar and butter.
- Press into a greased 8-in. square dish. Fold marshmallows into
- whipped cream; spread over cereal mixture. Top with pie filling.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 302 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.