Cherry Supreme Dessert Recipe
Marshmallows and a tart cherry topping lend flavor and eye appeal to this popular dessert. Better yet, it’s easy enough for kids to make! —Sherri Keim, Grand Junction, Colorado
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:9 servings
- 3/4 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cereal, walnuts, brown sugar and butter. Press into a greased 8-in. square dish. Fold marshmallows into whipped cream; spread over cereal mixture. Top with pie filling. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece equals 302 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC