Marshmallows and a tart cherry topping lend flavor and eye appeal to this popular dessert. Better yet, it’s easy enough for kids to make! —Sherri Keim, Grand Junction, Colorado
Recommended: 41 Ways to Love Jell-O (Because We Know You Do)
- 3/4 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a small bowl, combine the cereal, walnuts, brown sugar and butter. Press into a greased 8-in. square dish. Fold marshmallows into whipped cream; spread over cereal mixture. Top with pie filling. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Supreme Dessert in Country Extra September 2010, p45
Reviews for Cherry Supreme Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2016
"Strange texture with rice crispie bottom and marshmallows."
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2013
"Was easy to make and everyone seemed to like it."
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2012
"I made this recipe and it was so good and easy I will make it for holidays yum yum"