Marshmallows and a tart cherry topping lend flavor and eye appeal to this popular dessert. Better yet, it’s easy enough for kids to make! —Sherri Keim, Grand Junction, Colorado
- 3/4 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- In a small bowl, combine the cereal, walnuts, brown sugar and butter. Press into a greased 8-in. square dish. Fold marshmallows into whipped cream; spread over cereal mixture. Top with pie filling. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cherry Supreme Dessert in Country Extra September 2010, p45
Reviews for Cherry Supreme Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review