Cherry Stuffing Pork Chops Recipe
Have a stand-out meal in about an hour with this delicious recipe from our Test Kitchen. Filled with a flavorful stuffing, these hearty pork chops are sure to impress!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Cook: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon shredded carrot
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup sage stuffing mix
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring cherries and water to a boil. Remove from the heat; set aside (do not drain).
- 2. In a small skillet, saute the onion, celery, carrot and parsley in butter until tender. Stir in the stuffing mix, broth and cherries. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until moisture is absorbed.
- 3. Cut a deep slit in each pork chop, forming a pocket. Stuff about 1/4 cup cherry mixture into each chop; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with pepper. In a large skillet, cook chops in oil for 8-10 minutes on each side until pork is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 145°. Remove and keep warm. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 4. Add flour, rosemary and salt to the pan juices; stir until blended. Gradually stir in broth and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC