Cherry Stuffing Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon shredded carrot
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup sage stuffing mix
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring cherries and water to a boil. Remove from the heat; set aside (do not drain).
- 2. In a small skillet, saute the onion, celery, carrot and parsley in butter until tender. Stir in the stuffing mix, broth and cherries. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until moisture is absorbed.
- 3. Cut a deep slit in each pork chop, forming a pocket. Stuff about 1/4 cup cherry mixture into each chop; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with pepper. In a large skillet, cook chops in oil for 8-10 minutes on each side until pork is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 145°. Remove and keep warm. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- 4. Add flour, rosemary and salt to the pan juices; stir until blended. Gradually stir in broth and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 458 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 497mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Cherry Stuffing Pork Chops
"I tried these before and they turned out pretty good. I was iffy on the dried cherries but it turned out to be a great stuffing for pork chop. Different."
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer