Cherry-Stuffed Pork Loin Recipe
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2-1/2 cups salad croutons
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (about 3 pounds)
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring cherries and water to a boil, Remove from the heat; set aside (do not drain).
- 2. In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery, parsley, carrot, sage and rosemary in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in the croutons, broth, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, nutmeg, extract and cherries. Let stand until liquid is absorbed.
- 3. Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the roast to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open roast so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 3/4-in. thickness. Remove plastic; spread stuffing over meat to within 1 in. of edges. Close roast; tie several times with kitchen string and secure ends with toothpicks. Place fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with remaining pepper.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 5. Meanwhile, add broth and water to roasting pan; stir to loosen browned bits. Pour into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook until reduced by half. Stir in cream and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened. Serve with roast. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 each: 272 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein .
Reviews for Cherry-Stuffed Pork Loin
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer